What's everyone listening to?

Reaction score
A Black and White Night  by Roy Orbison

Roy Orbison, Bruce Springsteen, Elvis Costello, K.D. Lang, Bonnie Rait, and a full orchestra all on the same stage. Does it get any better than this? I think not.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Roy Orbison, Bruce Springsteen, Elvis Costello, K.D. Lang, Bonnie Rait, and a full orchestra all on the same stage. Does it get any better than this? I think not.
I dunno, I saw Metallica and Corrosion of Conformity back in '97, that was a pretty awesome show ;)

Thomas

Archon
Reaction score
scamandrius said:
The soundtrack to O Brother, Where Art Thou?
I love that CD. I once had a priest who said if the Orthodox Churches in America were to create their own tones they should look no further than the music of the "old plain song" of the south and mountain regions to come up with tones that work with American English. An excellent example would be "Down to the River to Pray", "O Death", and "Po' Lazarus".  All of them done accapella and with  deep spiritual movement in the songs similar to the tones found in the Orthodox Church for impact to the soul of the listener.

Thomas

scamandrius

Merarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
I dunno, I saw Metallica and Corrosion of Conformity back in '97, that was a pretty awesome show ;)
I'm jealous.  I didn't see that one.  CoC remains, though, one of the most underrated band of the 1990s.  Deliverance is my favorite album.

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
"Little Bear" and "Word Girl", courtesy of our youngest, over and over and over and....

Jibrail Almuhajir

Taxiarches
Reaction score
^^Too cute, Ebor! :)

I've had Brad Paisley,  Alan Jackson and Randy Travis on constant rotation much to the chagrin of my Depeche Mode lovin' roomie. :D

Goodness gracious, am I the only one who's likes and listens to country music 'round here?

edited for spelling...

Mark of Ephesus

Reaction score
GabrieltheCelt said:
Hey y'all,

Since music is such an integral part of our lives, I was wondering what everyone is listening to? I just discovered a Lebanese gal name Maya Nasri (Hubbaaaa hubba!). I'm usually spinning something Irish or Arabic, but I like almost anything except for gangsta rap and the really heavy metal stuff... Feel free to list religious and secular favorites!

I am a professional DJ, so I listen to EVERYTHING! :)  (practically)

Marat

Elder
Reaction score
Is anyone else loving the new Britney Spears CD? Her life may be a wreck but her music is catchy. I can't get enough of Kill The Lights.

Mark of Ephesus

Reaction score
Marat said:
Is anyone else loving the new Britney Spears CD? Her life may be a wreck but her music is catchy. I can't get enough of Kill The Lights.

I like it EXCEPT for if U seek Amy, which is a thinly veiled profane song!

Quinault

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
I am listening to the new Coldplay. It's OK. But I am more in the mood for 80's Cure.