What's everyone listening to?

scamandrius

Merarches
Reaction score
dzheremi said:
What? Of course the Yardbirds are better than the Beatles. While the Yardbirds were releasing things like "Eight Miles High" (March 1966), the Beatles were scoring hits with kiddie dreck like "Yellow Submarine", leaving their more interesting material to B-sides ("Eleanor Rigby", August 1966).
The Byrds wrote "Eight Miles High" not the Yardbirds.

dzheremi

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
scamandrius said:
dzheremi said:
What? Of course the Yardbirds are better than the Beatles. While the Yardbirds were releasing things like "Eight Miles High" (March 1966), the Beatles were scoring hits with kiddie dreck like "Yellow Submarine", leaving their more interesting material to B-sides ("Eleanor Rigby", August 1966).
The Byrds wrote "Eight Miles High" not the Yardbirds.
Hahaha. Oops. Note to self: Do not post anything while under the influence of Nyquil.  :-[ Well, I also like the Yardbirds better than the Beatles, though in that case my argument would mainly revolve around "Over, Under, Sideways, Down" versus 99.9% of the Beatles' catalogue.

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Lots and lots of Rolling Stones.  Dead Flowers is my current favorite.  Far Away Eyes is a close second.  Who woulda thought that Rolling Stones would be that great of a country band.  Beats the hell out of what currently passes a country.  Gimme Shelter, Under My Thumb, and Sympathy for the Devil are some past favorites.  I like how Sympathy for the Devil is one of the few songs that is not an akathist or troparia that recognizes that the slaying of the Tsar was the work of the devil. 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Listening to a track my doppelgaenger dropped for our birthday.

It's ridiculous.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
Listening to a track my doppelgaenger dropped for our birthday.

It's ridiculous.
New karaoke track for sure.

There are no more syllables left.

That person

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
If you're talking about the track I think you're talking about, I'll say that there's something oddly comforting about hearing Em say "faggot." I don't necessarily condone the use of slurs or anything, but the timbre of his voice when he says it instills in me a nostalgia for a simpler time.

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That person said:
If you're talking about the track I think you're talking about, I'll say that there's something oddly comforting about hearing Em say "faggot." I don't necessarily condone the use of slurs or anything, but the timbre of his voice when he says it instills in me a nostalgia for a simpler time.
He's pretty much the only person I know who uses it correctly.

And in the best way possible too.

According to the tracklists there are barely any skits.

I loved how he demolished ICP on his 2nd LP.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Achronos said:
That person said:
He's pretty much the only person I know who uses it correctly.

And in the best way possible too.

According to the tracklists there are barely any skits.

I loved how he demolished ICP on his 2nd LP.
Greatest cryptodiss ever. Kanye looks more the clown than ever. Who knew that could happen? The media are just making him even more foolish attempting to compare the two.

It will sell millions and be stole by millions and the track is pure head pr0n.

No one else has nor can do that.

No.

One.

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Why does Em continue to use wack tepid producers I have no idea.

"Not Afraid" could have been mega if the production was even half decent. Worst pistol shot audio ever used.

Beat is so wack.

Let's see what Dre delivers, cause on Relapse it musically was hot from what I remember.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Achronos said:
Why does Em continue to use wack tepid producers I have no idea.

"Not Afraid" could have been mega if the production was even half decent. Worst pistol shot audio ever used.

Beat is so wack.

Let's see what Dre delivers, cause on Relapse it musically was hot from what I remember.
Dude, he has to give the haterz something. The production on this number works cause I am confident it is smack down of goofs like Kanye who sound like Levar Burton on Reading Rainbow without it.

As much as I like some of the layered production that grew up in the last 80s / early 90s, boom-bap is rap.

If you can't stand on your own being backed by just by a Casio keyboard you cudda bought in 1986 at Kmart, then get off stage.

Just recently was listening to Only Built 4 and Paul's Boutique, both great albums (the latter which I supported to much grief when it came out and before everyone got on board later), but yank the production and the former is OK and the latter . . . well it is the Beastie Boys.

Em shudda long ago left the production studio and game and found a DJ to spin with him.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Achronos said:
Worst pistol shot audio ever used.
You know, I've heard industry RUMORS, that if you want airplay, violent sounds have be "stylized" due to the forever murky world of the FCC.

Could be nonsense, but I wouldn't doubt it.