What's everyone listening to?

Heorhij

Merarches
Reaction score
Columbus, MS, USA (Originally from Ukraine)
Website
www.muw.edu
Wow, that brings back memories of my youth (the late 1970-s), when BonnieM was extremely popular in the former USSR, could be heard from every discoteque. :)

BTW, historically, pretty much everything is accurate in their narrative, except, of course, the affair with Her Majesty. That was a hoax, invented by the pro-German party within the Tsar's court (maybe even personally by his own uncle, Great Prince Nikolay Nikolayevich), and enthuiastically spread by various people who were for whatever reason mad at Nicholas II.

Great pictures, especially of Prince Yousoupoff and Purishkevich (the assassins).

Douglas

High Elder
Reaction score
What can I say? I'm from the Woodstock generation... the 60's Man!  I'm a contemporary of the Beatles and the Stones. So yeah... it's wild. ;)

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Would that I could have that at the moment.  Now it's "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends" on DVD, a whistling tea kettle and two intermittently squabbling teenagers who don't want to clean their rooms.  Where's my "Cone of Silence"?

Jibrail Almuhajir

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Anyone else like the Gypsy Kings?  I've really enjoyed their music since the early 90's.  Here's one of their big hits; "Djobi Djoba" played live in Japan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mwKG8FOAw

scamandrius

Merarches
Reaction score
Anton Bruckner's Symphony # 4 in E-flat "Romantic" directed by Eugen Jochum.  Positively  inspiring.

ytterbiumanalyst

Merarches
Reaction score
EofK said:
GabrieltheCelt said:
EofK said:
Best of Journey

I find it sad that Steve Perry can sing higher than I can.
:D
Sad, but entertaining.  ;)
Listen to you people, making fun of the disabled. Just because Steve Perry has Barry Gibbs' Disorder doesn't mean he's any less of a person. Why he can't help but think so highly of himself and sing in a ridiculous register: Just look at the disease's most famous patient. Perry is doomed to die a sad, lonely, rich man, and y'all have the nerve to make fun of him for his condition. Shame on you both.

EofK

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
ytterbiumanalyst said:
EofK said:
GabrieltheCelt said:
EofK said:
Best of Journey

I find it sad that Steve Perry can sing higher than I can.
:D
Sad, but entertaining.  ;)
Listen to you people, making fun of the disabled. Just because Steve Perry has Barry Gibbs' Disorder doesn't mean he's any less of a person. Why he can't help but think so highly of himself and sing in a ridiculous register: Just look at the disease's most famous patient. Perry is doomed to die a sad, lonely, rich man, and y'all have the nerve to make fun of him for his condition. Shame on you both.
Hey, if I'm willing to buy albums from both Journey and the Bee Gees, I think I've paid my way into making fun of them.  Sort of like paying $5 to lob a pie at your boss at the company picnic.  ;D

ytterbiumanalyst

Merarches
Reaction score
EofK said:
Hey, if I'm willing to buy albums from both Journey and the Bee Gees, I think I've paid my way into making fun of them.  Sort of like paying $5 to lob a pie at your boss at the company picnic.   ;D
Fair enough.

I must admit I love Journey's critically under-appreciated album To the Centre of This Record.

scamandrius

Merarches
Reaction score
^Awesome.  Thanks. Liked the Bee-Gee more than Freddie Mercury.

scamandrius

Merarches
Reaction score
J. S. Bach's B Minor Mass.  Who says Lutherans can't write good church music?