What's everyone listening to?

Alpo

Merarches
Joined
Dec 9, 2007
Messages
9,878
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Gorgoroth - Satan-Prometheus

I've been listening to quite a lot of Gorgoroth lately. Quantos Possunt ad Satanitatem Trahunt and Under the Sign of Hell to be specific. Weird since I thought that I got tired of BM long ago.
 

Gebre Menfes Kidus

Merarches
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
10,800
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
52
Location
Jackson, MS
Website
www.facebook.com
Best band to come out of Athens, GA by far. So much better than R.E.M.

B-52's

"52 Girls"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEX9US-jXqg&index=2&list=PL58n0Sm06PqO-IzV1YBYTQTbZMwfJ599X

"Dance This Mess Around"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRuRKirloQ8&list=PL58n0Sm06PqO-IzV1YBYTQTbZMwfJ599X&index=3


Selam
 

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
16,485
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Age
38
Location
PA, USA
Alpo said:
Gorgoroth - Satan-Prometheus

I've been listening to quite a lot of Gorgoroth lately. Quantos Possunt ad Satanitatem Trahunt and Under the Sign of Hell to be specific. Weird since I thought that I got tired of BM long ago.
I haven't listened to them in a while, but I enjoyed them quite a bit. One of my favorite experiences in Beijing was seeing a Chinese black metal band called Wrath of Tyrant. They did a sublime cover of Gorgoroth's "Funeral Procession."
 

Alpo

Merarches
Joined
Dec 9, 2007
Messages
9,878
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Iconodule said:
Alpo said:
Gorgoroth - Satan-Prometheus

I've been listening to quite a lot of Gorgoroth lately. Quantos Possunt ad Satanitatem Trahunt and Under the Sign of Hell to be specific. Weird since I thought that I got tired of BM long ago.
I haven't listened to them in a while, but I enjoyed them quite a bit. One of my favorite experiences in Beijing was seeing a Chinese black metal band called Wrath of Tyrant. They did a sublime cover of Gorgoroth's "Funeral Procession."
Did they wore corpse paints and/or any other clicheous stuff? I wonder what Chinese authorities would have thought of that.

I tried to find that band from Spotify. Ended up listening to this instead:

Emperor - Wrath of the Tyrant: Witches Sabbath
 

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
16,485
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Age
38
Location
PA, USA
Alpo said:
Iconodule said:
Alpo said:
Gorgoroth - Satan-Prometheus

I've been listening to quite a lot of Gorgoroth lately. Quantos Possunt ad Satanitatem Trahunt and Under the Sign of Hell to be specific. Weird since I thought that I got tired of BM long ago.
I haven't listened to them in a while, but I enjoyed them quite a bit. One of my favorite experiences in Beijing was seeing a Chinese black metal band called Wrath of Tyrant. They did a sublime cover of Gorgoroth's "Funeral Procession."
Did they wore corpse paints and/or any other clicheous stuff? I wonder what Chinese authorities would have thought of that.
Yes, they wore corpse-paint, 6-inch spikes, etc. It was quite hysterical. It was made funnier by the fact that the concert was a catch-all metal show (the Beijing metal scene is small but devoted and they stick to each other). So the band preceding them was some hair metal throwback, the band that followed was some kind of awful Limp Bizkit clone, etc. The Chinese authorities don't really care what you do as long as it isn't some kind of organized sedition.

I tried to find that band from Spotify.
As far as I know, they never recorded a full album. They had one song on a Chinese metal compilation which you probably can't find anywhere. I imagine the band members have moved on to other things since then. One Chinese black metal band that was actually quite good was Ritual Day, who had an album out which I think you can still find for download. It was very much in the vein of Dissection and other Swedish black/death bands.
 

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
16,485
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Age
38
Location
PA, USA

Arachne

Toumarches
Staff member
Moderator
Site Supporter
Joined
Dec 22, 2012
Messages
11,996
Reaction score
7
Points
38
Age
48
Location
Camulodunum
Iconodule said:
Arachne said:
Iconodule said:
Arachne said:
Gosh, how obnoxious. Way to suck the soul out of a wonderful poem. Here's a proper rendition: http://youtu.be/UQUT6mS0eY8
I'll take so-called obnoxious over mawkish, thanks.
The fake, new agey "Celtic" schlock you exult in is the very embodiment of mawkish.
Your collection should have enough fake death growls to drown it all out.
 

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Joined
May 22, 2011
Messages
15,089
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
34
The way you two snipe at one another like an old married couple, I'd say you have at least one decent collaboration in you. I'd like to see it lol.
 

juliogb

High Elder
Joined
Jan 14, 2015
Messages
976
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Ilusha Tsinadze - Moxevis Qalo Tinao
georgian song in country style.
 

William T

Archon
Joined
May 22, 2015
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
36
Location
Chicago
I watched Anna Netrebko La Traviata free on youtube on a big screen with surround sound.    Rolando Villazón was the tenor.  Great stuff.
 

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Joined
Oct 22, 2015
Messages
8,563
Reaction score
16
Points
38
Age
22
Location
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
Arachne said:
There's your collaboration, Volnutt - already done in a wibbly wobbly timey wimey way! ;D
I don't get it, but I presume this means I posted a cool song.  8)


juliogb said:
Ilusha Tsinadze - Moxevis Qalo Tinao
georgian song in country style.
Awesome! We never know what we'll find.
 

Alpo

Merarches
Joined
Dec 9, 2007
Messages
9,878
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I'd rather opt for Scandinavia schlock and fake death growls.

Moonsorrow - Suden tunti
https://youtu.be/btI0AiJAC70
 
Top