What's everyone listening to?

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Gorgoroth - Satan-Prometheus

I've been listening to quite a lot of Gorgoroth lately. Quantos Possunt ad Satanitatem Trahunt and Under the Sign of Hell to be specific. Weird since I thought that I got tired of BM long ago.

Gebre Menfes Kidus

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Best band to come out of Athens, GA by far. So much better than R.E.M.

B-52's

"52 Girls"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEX9US-jXqg&index=2&list=PL58n0Sm06PqO-IzV1YBYTQTbZMwfJ599X

"Dance This Mess Around"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRuRKirloQ8&list=PL58n0Sm06PqO-IzV1YBYTQTbZMwfJ599X&index=3

Selam

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Alpo said:

I've been listening to quite a lot of Gorgoroth lately. Quantos Possunt ad Satanitatem Trahunt and Under the Sign of Hell to be specific. Weird since I thought that I got tired of BM long ago.
I haven't listened to them in a while, but I enjoyed them quite a bit. One of my favorite experiences in Beijing was seeing a Chinese black metal band called Wrath of Tyrant. They did a sublime cover of Gorgoroth's "Funeral Procession."

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Iconodule said:
Alpo said:

I haven't listened to them in a while, but I enjoyed them quite a bit. One of my favorite experiences in Beijing was seeing a Chinese black metal band called Wrath of Tyrant. They did a sublime cover of Gorgoroth's "Funeral Procession."
Did they wore corpse paints and/or any other clicheous stuff? I wonder what Chinese authorities would have thought of that.

I tried to find that band from Spotify. Ended up listening to this instead:

Emperor - Wrath of the Tyrant: Witches Sabbath

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Alpo said:
Iconodule said:
Alpo said:

Did they wore corpse paints and/or any other clicheous stuff? I wonder what Chinese authorities would have thought of that.
Yes, they wore corpse-paint, 6-inch spikes, etc. It was quite hysterical. It was made funnier by the fact that the concert was a catch-all metal show (the Beijing metal scene is small but devoted and they stick to each other). So the band preceding them was some hair metal throwback, the band that followed was some kind of awful Limp Bizkit clone, etc. The Chinese authorities don't really care what you do as long as it isn't some kind of organized sedition.

I tried to find that band from Spotify.
As far as I know, they never recorded a full album. They had one song on a Chinese metal compilation which you probably can't find anywhere. I imagine the band members have moved on to other things since then. One Chinese black metal band that was actually quite good was Ritual Day, who had an album out which I think you can still find for download. It was very much in the vein of Dissection and other Swedish black/death bands.

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Reaction score

Arachne

Toumarches
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Iconodule said:
Arachne said:
Iconodule said:
Arachne said:
Gosh, how obnoxious. Way to suck the soul out of a wonderful poem. Here's a proper rendition: http://youtu.be/UQUT6mS0eY8
I'll take so-called obnoxious over mawkish, thanks.
The fake, new agey "Celtic" schlock you exult in is the very embodiment of mawkish.
Your collection should have enough fake death growls to drown it all out.

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
The way you two snipe at one another like an old married couple, I'd say you have at least one decent collaboration in you. I'd like to see it lol.

juliogb

High Elder
Reaction score
Ilusha Tsinadze - Moxevis Qalo Tinao
georgian song in country style.

William T

Archon
Reaction score
I watched Anna Netrebko La Traviata free on youtube on a big screen with surround sound.    Rolando Villazón was the tenor.  Great stuff.

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Reaction score
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
Arachne said:
There's your collaboration, Volnutt - already done in a wibbly wobbly timey wimey way! ;D
I don't get it, but I presume this means I posted a cool song.  8)

juliogb said:
Ilusha Tsinadze - Moxevis Qalo Tinao
georgian song in country style.
Awesome! We never know what we'll find.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
I'd rather opt for Scandinavia schlock and fake death growls.

Moonsorrow - Suden tunti
https://youtu.be/btI0AiJAC70