Whats your favourite sweets?? (candy)

Poppy

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Website
www.zsl.org
Its no point just saying the brand because we all live in different places so you have to describe it.

Mine is a lemon hard candy with sherbet fizz powder inside and when you crack it with your teeth you get the fizz but the lemon is really lemony

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Brazillian candy, can't really describe the flavor..it's a bit like pineapple but not really.

Poppy

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Website
www.zsl.org
Achronos said:

Brazillian candy, can't really describe the flavor..it's a bit like pineapple but not really.
they look like are fruit salad chewy sweets which are a mixed fruit flavour but the same shape

AveChriste11

High Elder
Reaction score
REESES PIECES, REESES PEANUT BUTTER CUPS, AND REESE'S CANDY BAR!  Oh yeah, did I say REESE'S?  CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT BUTTER, the most exquisite combination ever created on Earth... 

Poppy

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Website
www.zsl.org
AveChriste11 said:
REESES PIECES, REESES PEANUT BUTTER CUPS, AND REESE'S CANDY BAR!  Oh yeah, did I say REESE'S?  CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT BUTTER, the most exquisite combination ever created on Earth...  
yek.... i have tasted them and they are way too soft!!!! Its like eating a spoonfull of peanut butter so why dont you just buy a jar of it?? lolOl

double YEK!!!

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
AveChriste11 said:
REESES PIECES, REESES PEANUT BUTTER CUPS, AND REESE'S CANDY BAR!  Oh yeah, did I say REESE'S?  CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT BUTTER, the most exquisite combination ever created on Earth... 
MMMMMM Reeses

AveChriste11

High Elder
Reaction score
Hey, I would eat a spoonful of peanut butter!  I've done it before, in fact I would buy a whole jar -- but it's not the healthiest thing to do.  My Mum used to have to get on to me about eating from the peanut butter jar, because my saliva would be in it.. and thus be a breeding ground for bacteria.  I didn't get how that was such a big deal??  :laugh: :angel:

Poppy

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Website
www.zsl.org
You could buy a jar of peanut butter and a bar of cho

then bite a chunk of cho and a spoonfull of peanut butter and mix it up in your mouth

the same!!!!

Poppy

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Website
www.zsl.org
AveChriste11 said:
Hey, I would eat a spoonful of peanut butter!  I've done it before, in fact I would buy a whole jar -- but it's not the healthiest thing to do.  My Mum used to have to get on to me about eating from the peanut butter jar, because my saliva would be in it.. and thus be a breeding ground for bacteria.  I didn't get how that was such a big deal??  :laugh: :angel:
Its not a big deal if you have the whole jar to yourself but dont use a spoon, use your fingers, YOU HAVE 8!!!!! lolOl and in a emergency you have even two thumbs!!!! haha....

montalo

Archon
Reaction score
Poppy said:
AveChriste11 said:
REESES PIECES, REESES PEANUT BUTTER CUPS, AND REESE'S CANDY BAR!  Oh yeah, did I say REESE'S?  CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT BUTTER, the most exquisite combination ever created on Earth...  
yek.... i have tasted them and they are way too soft!!!! Its like eating a spoonfull of peanut butter so why dont you just buy a jar of it?? lolOl

double YEK!!!
well, we always knew that you were messed up in the head, and this proves it

anyone that doesnt like reeses is seriously screwed in the head

trevor72694

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have fond memories of eating hershey's chocolate bars and those little candies made by Mug brand that are like little root-beer barrels with my grandpa.  Those would be my favorites.  :laugh:

Poppy

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Website
www.zsl.org
montalo said:
Poppy said:
AveChriste11 said:

double YEK!!!

HA!!! Thas a PRICELESS accusation coming from someone that refers to themself as "we"

"We told him to go away, and away he goes precious. GONE...GONE...GONE!!!" lolOl

one day eh??

aww

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I brought home a selection of English sweets for the family including a bag of Sherbet Lemons (labeled A Gift from Ely Cathedral). I've cautioned the children against going berserk and just enjoy one bit at a time (and to help them last.)  The slab of fudge from the Fudge Kitchen is remarkable.

Ebor

AveChriste11

High Elder
Reaction score
Another favourite of mine are M&M's,  Chips Ahoy Chocolate Chip cookies, and Oreo's.

As to the M&M's I like the plain ones, I don't like the ones with the peanuts.  However, peanut butter M&M's are really good.  Twix is really amazing too..

Irish Melkite

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Website
www.byzcath.org
1. Penguins (manufactured by McVitie of United Biscuits) - although the British (what do they know?) would insist that these are biscuits or digestives, not candy.

2. Bubu Lubu (manufactured by Ricolino) - perhaps the only candy imported from south of the Rio Grande that has no lead content - and tastes good too!

3. Cherry Blossoms (manufactured originally by Lowney, now by Hershey Canada) - once described as a chocolate-covered cherry on steroids!

4. Welch's Fudge (manufactured by Welch's) - long gone, but not forgotten!

5. 3 Musketeers (manufactured by Mars) - always great!

Many years,

Neil 

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
Cherry sours

White chocolate (okay, it's really vanilla, but still)

Zero bars (almond nougat covered in white fudge. Mmmmm!)

Very milky chocolate, such as Nestle

Things with almond or peanut butter  :)

montalo

Archon
Reaction score
Poppy said:
montalo said:
Poppy said:
AveChriste11 said:

double YEK!!!

HA!!! Thas a PRICELESS accusation coming from someone that refers to themself as "we"

"We told him to go away, and away he goes precious. GONE...GONE...GONE!!!" lolOl

one day eh??

aww
who says i was not speaking of the forum members in general, or the idea that i might have noble blood running through my veins?

KBN1

High Elder
Reaction score
Dark chocolate, 90% and darker.  Other than that, I don't eat candy/dessert/sweets.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
I can't really eat candy, because I have awful teeth. I have good oral hygiene and I don't eat a lot of sweets, yet my dentist is horrified at how easily I get cavities. Around 17 or so I stopped eating sweets for the most part.

But what I do like:
-Anything sour. I went through a big Warheads phase when I was in elementary school and burned my mouth with that candy. SO good.
-Milka chocolate. Any kind.
-Lentilky, or what I referred to in my childhood as "Slovak M&Ms" SO good. I saw some at a Slovak festival a few years ago and immediately snatched up several boxes. My teeth hated me for weeks, but it was oh, so good.
-Chupa chups lollipops (are those even around anymore?)
-Cadbury Fruit&Nut bars. My relatives in the Philippines used to hoard this stuff like nobody's business, and my cousins and I would steal bars from their trunks. I still eat that chocolate today. I love raisins and nuts together.
- On Reese's -- I think the peanut butter cups are TOO peanut buttery, but I have a total weakness for the cereal version. I once ate four bowls of that in one sitting. I can finish a box in less than a week. SO GOOD.

White choco is nas-tay.

mark thomas

Reaction score
Bosco Bar. Pure milk chocolate, super smooth, no "coconut" aftertaste (I don't know how they accomplish that since they do use coconut oil).

Stephanos Nikolaos

Reaction score
Peanut butter and chocolate! ;D

I also like milk chocolate covered pretzels a lot.

My all time favorite sweet though (though it isn't "candy") is ice cream. Good quality ice cream is the quickest way to my heart. =P

Nicholas.

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
montalo said:

Reeses are disgusting.  :eek:

Dyhn

Reaction score
Turkish Delight and Crystalised Ginger are two of my favourites!

~ Dyhn

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
Orthodox11 said:
All of these except for the fruit and nut in the middle.
Et lite stykke Norge - A small piece of Norway

They make good "Kit-Kat Bars" i.e. Kvikk Lunsj

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
Oh, man. I have got to find a place where I can order those. Too bad I can't eat the screen.  :)