• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Where do I change the time her on OC.net?

Kirkburn

Elder
Warned
Post Moderated
Muted
BANNED
Reaction score
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
Philadelphia
I've looked under Account Settings but there's no option to set your time or time zone. Where would I change it?

byhisgrace

OC.Net Guru
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
GOARCH
Click "Profile." Highlight "Modify Profile" and select "Look and Layout" from the drop-down menu. (Or just click here)

Change the "Time Offset" by clicking "auto detect." It will change the time according to your local time.

To change it manually, type a positive or negative integer to move the clock either X hours forward or Y hours backwards, respectively. The time moved forward or backwards is with respect to EDT. For example, if you are living in a time zone that is 5 hours ahead of EDT, type +5. If you are 2 hours behind EDT, type -2.

Kirkburn

Elder
Warned
Post Moderated
Muted
BANNED
Reaction score
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
Philadelphia
Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, I can't access the Modify Profile link from my drop down menu (and clicking on the link you provided just takes me to your profile), so I guess I'll have to just live with the time being one hour fast.

Oh, and I do know why I can't access the Modify Profile option, so that's not a problem. I had that option taken away a few months ago :(.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
Jurisdiction
Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
If you let us know your time zone, a moderator can edit that for you. :)

Kirkburn

Elder
Warned
Post Moderated
Muted
BANNED
Reaction score
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
Philadelphia
Thank you, I'll send you a PM :).

Kirkburn

Elder
Warned
Post Moderated
Muted
BANNED
Reaction score
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
Philadelphia
Can someone set my current time to one hour behind please? (It needs to be EST.) Thanks!

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Faith
-
Jurisdiction
-
Click on the 'profile' tab at the top, then in the 'modify profile' pulldown pick 'look and layout,' and click on 'auto detect' next to the 'time offset' part

Kirkburn

Elder
Warned
Post Moderated
Muted
BANNED
Reaction score
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
Philadelphia
I would, but the only thing I'm allowed to modify on my profile are my password and e-mail. Everything else is off-limits to me.

Kirkburn

Elder
Warned
Post Moderated
Muted
BANNED
Reaction score
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
Philadelphia
I just wanted to thank whoever fixed my time zone. I really appreciate it!