• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Where does this group of icons come from?

88Devin12

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
I've been trying to gather some high resolution images of icons for my parish. We hire an iconographer to do all of our large scale work on our walls & ceilings. However, we use a variety of sources for mounted & laminated icons. Either purchasing them from the wide range of iconographers, bookstores & presses out there, or we have them printed on canvas. The ones we have printed on canvas are usually icons that were painted long ago, are out of copyright and are already widely printed.

One set of icons I've seen widely produced is a set of Byzantine Style icons, presumably out of Greece. I haven't seen any copyright ever referenced, and as widely produced as they are, I assume they are older. However, I cannot find where they originate from, such as what iconographer did them, or what monastery produced them. They appear to be an entire set of icons since they are all of the same style, background etc...

Can anyone help me figure out where they are from?

Behold the Man

St. Athanasius the Great

St. Alexander, Patriarch of Constantinople

St. John Chrysostom

St. Gregory the Theologian

St. Gregory Palamas

St. Theodore of Tyros

St. Dionysios of Aegina

St. Charlamabos

St. Cosmas of Aitolia

St. Basil the Great

Crucifixion of Christ

Christ's Entry to Jerusalem

Publican & Pharisee

Prodigal Son

Elevation of the Cross

Antonis

Archon
Staff member
Reaction score
I do not know the man who painted them, but they were painted specifically for the GOA. It is very likely that a given GOA parish has the full set on laminated cards and rotates them in a proskynitarion for veneration.

Antonis

Archon
Staff member
Reaction score
See here, for example:

http://www.goarch.org/multimedia/clipart/saints

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
The originals were produced by the Pachomian Brotherhood of Mt Athos. This series features a large number of saints, and a complete festal set.

88Devin12

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Antonis said:
I do not know the man who painted them, but they were painted specifically for the GOA. It is very likely that a given GOA parish has the full set on laminated cards and rotates them in a proskynitarion for veneration.
LBK said:
The originals were produced by the Pachomian Brotherhood of Mt Athos. This series features a large number of saints, and a complete festal set.
Come to think of it, I've seen the set in an encased proskynitarion. I'm  not sure where I can find it for our parish though.

Thank you! Do you know where our parish can purchase the set?

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
88Devin12 said:
Antonis said:
Do you know where our parish can purchase the set?
An online search came up with this:

http://www.orthodoximages.com/

88Devin12

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
LBK said:
88Devin12 said:
Antonis said:
Do you know where our parish can purchase the set?
An online search came up with this:

http://www.orthodoximages.com/
Thank you!