Why are there so few threads in the parent Free-For-All thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
21,868
Reaction score
44
Points
48
Age
39
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Hello folks!

As part of our efforts to keep up with the rising posting volume, it has been decided to split the function of the Free-For-All Forum into 3 parts:

1. All the silly, random, fun, diversionary, and non-debate-type topics (including informational threads and whatnot) will go to "Other Topics".
2. All the religion-oriented debate-intended/polemical topics will go to the "Religious Topics".
3. All the non-religion-oriented debate-intended/polemical topics will go to the "Non-Religious Topics"

If you have any questions about this process, please post them here.

A blessed Nativity to all!

- The OrthodoxChristianity.net Moderation Team
 

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
21,868
Reaction score
44
Points
48
Age
39
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
BUMP.

Because the above message (^^) is important for everyone to read today.
 

stashko

Protokentarchos
Joined
Nov 6, 2007
Messages
4,994
Reaction score
0
Points
0
cleveland said:
Hello folks!

As part of our efforts to keep up with the rising posting volume, it has been decided to split the function of the Free-For-All Forum into 3 parts:

1. All the silly, random, fun, diversionary, and non-debate-type topics (including informational threads and whatnot) will go to "Other Topics".
2. All the religion-oriented debate-intended/polemical topics will go to the "Religious Topics".
3. All the non-religion-oriented debate-intended/polemical topics will go to the "Non-Religious Topics"

If you have any questions about this process, please post them here.

A blessed Nativity to all!

- The OrthodoxChristianity.net Moderation Team
IT's really confusing this whole forum ...if i ask a question  and some one responds i know were im at ..but if no body responds i can't find the thread were i asked a question  at .....why is this so diffucult i have to check all the forum subjects out and that takes a lot of time to find out were i posted,,,there must be a easyer way....stashko....><img src="http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_19_1.gif"><img
 

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
21,868
Reaction score
44
Points
48
Age
39
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Well, one way to find subjects more easily is to use the Search function.

But just as an FYI: the topics are listed in the fora by date last responded to - so your thread will move down the list if no one responds to it.  The key is remembering which forum you posted in - if you post your questions where they're appropriate (Liturgy questions in the Liturgy Forum, Faith questions in the Faith Issues Forum), then the process will be simpler.

And you can always ask one of the moderators or one of the other users to help you search if need be.
 

stashko

Protokentarchos
Joined
Nov 6, 2007
Messages
4,994
Reaction score
0
Points
0
cleveland said:
Well, one way to find subjects more easily is to use the Search function.

But just as an FYI: the topics are listed in the fora by date last responded to - so your thread will move down the list if no one responds to it.  The key is remembering which forum you posted in - if you post your questions where they're appropriate (Liturgy questions in the Liturgy Forum, Faith questions in the Faith Issues Forum), then the process will be simpler.

And you can always ask one of the moderators or one of the other users to help you search if need be.

When i read any post i don't allways notice were it belongs ,thats the thing or if i do i can't allways remember were i read it or posted in ...stashko........><img src="http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_18_7.gif" alt="SmileyCentral.com" border="0">
 

ytterbiumanalyst

Merarches
Joined
Jun 3, 2007
Messages
8,785
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
35
Location
Springfield, MO
At the bottom of any thread, next to the "reply" button, you'll find a button marked "notify." Clicking this will give you e-mail notifications of any new replies to that topic. Doing so too often in my experience can lead to an overloaded mailbox, but if you use it sparingly, and only with threads that aren't such "hot topics," it can be quite useful.
 

stashko

Protokentarchos
Joined
Nov 6, 2007
Messages
4,994
Reaction score
0
Points
0
ytterbiumanalyst said:
At the bottom of any thread, next to the "reply" button, you'll find a button marked "notify." Clicking this will give you e-mail notifications of any new replies to that topic. Doing so too often in my experience can lead to an overloaded mailbox, but if you use it sparingly, and only with threads that aren't such "hot topics," it can be quite useful.

Thank you so much ...ill try it..hopefully it will make life easier,,,stashko........<img src="http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_67.gif" alt="SmileyCentral.com" border="0">
 

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
21,868
Reaction score
44
Points
48
Age
39
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
The move is done!  The only threads allowed in the parent Free-For-All are informational threads posted by the Moderator/Administrator team.  All new threads should be placed into any one of the following 3 Fora:

For debate-intended threads:
Religious Topics FFA: http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/board,38.0.html
Non-Religious Topics FFA: http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/board,39.0.html

For unclassified threads, silly threads, informational threads, and misc:
Other Topics: http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/board,12.0.html
 

Veniamin

Archon
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
3,372
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Texas
I've had to clear out some threads from this forum recently, so I'm bumping this for the benefit of anyone who didn't catch it when Cleveland started it (yes, I know it's a sticky; I want it bumped in the recent threads section).
Veniamin, FFA Moderator
 

wynd

High Elder
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
604
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
Texas, USA
cleveland said:
Well, one way to find subjects more easily is to use the Search function.

But just as an FYI: the topics are listed in the fora by date last responded to - so your thread will move down the list if no one responds to it.  The key is remembering which forum you posted in - if you post your questions where they're appropriate (Liturgy questions in the Liturgy Forum, Faith questions in the Faith Issues Forum), then the process will be simpler.

And you can always ask one of the moderators or one of the other users to help you search if need be.
Another thing you can do is use the very first link at the top of the page, "Show unread posts since last visit."
 

Veniamin

Archon
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
3,372
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Texas
Veniamin said:
I've had to clear out some threads from this forum recently, so I'm bumping this for the benefit of anyone who didn't catch it when Cleveland started it (yes, I know it's a sticky; I want it bumped in the recent threads section).
Veniamin, FFA Moderator
I'm bumping this again, as we've had more threads posted here.  Please start new threads in the appropriate sub-forum, not here.
Veniamin, FFA Moderator
 

Pravoslav09

Elder
Joined
Mar 31, 2009
Messages
308
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Stashko I get the same problems too.

It's easy to get lost and confused in the internet. Isn't it?

 

Vocatio

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2009
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
59
Location
U.S.A.
IPC said:
Stashko I get the same problems too.

It's easy to get lost and confused in the internet. Isn't it?
But I'm not Stashko?  So who am I then?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top