• Christ is Risen!
  • Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Why is Orthodoxy a declining denomination?

andrewlya

Archon
Reaction score
Website
yrm.org
Faith
Unitarian Messianic
Jurisdiction
Pro-Conservatism. Anti-liberalism.
For the kazillionth time:

Matthew 28:19
King James Version

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Ive answered this already. You need to find my answer in one of the threads. Thanks :)

Tzimis

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
EP
Ive answered this already. You need to find my answer in one of the threads. Thanks :)
You haven't answered it. You choose to ignore it. You only focus on the pork instead of the meat.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Anything you don't want to answer, you claim will result in the thread being locked, yet the moderators haven't locked the thread yet, and the only warning they passed out was for you not citing your sources. It is very apparent that you aren't interested in having a conversation about these topics, you just want to bounce to certain topics such as eating pork or throwing shade for the Orthodox Church not growing. If you just explain your belief instead of trying to proselytize, you aren't going to get the thread locked.

andrewlya

Archon
Reaction score
Website
yrm.org
Faith
Unitarian Messianic
Jurisdiction
Anything you don't want to answer, you claim will result in the thread being locked, yet the moderators haven't locked the thread yet, and the only warning they passed out was for you not citing your sources. It is very apparent that you aren't interested in having a conversation about these topics, you just want to bounce to certain topics such as eating pork or throwing shade for the Orthodox Church not growing. If you just explain your belief instead of trying to proselytize, you aren't going to get the thread locked.
But it's true. Just a few days ago a thread was locked because I was discussing the Trinity.The admins see me as proselytizing when the Trinity is discussed. This is something they don't like. Trinity is something you hold dear so I can understand why you guys take it seriously.Hence, I don't want to be discussing the Trinity again.

Just pick up your Bible and read these:

-'Is this the way you repay Yahweh,
you foolish and unwise people?
Is He not your Father, your Creator,
who made you and formed you?' Deuteronomy 32:6

-'Have we not all One Father? Hath not One God created us?-Malachi 2:10.

-'And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have One Father, and he is in heaven.'-Jesus in Matthew 23:9

andrewlya

Archon
Reaction score
Website
yrm.org
Faith
Unitarian Messianic
Jurisdiction
Really, they have locked this thread a few days ago. http://forums.orthodoxchristianity....ot-fall-into-heresy.79271/page-2#post-1624223

This is just one example...they have locked other threads before when Trinity was debated. You can bring it up with the Admin team.

andrewlya

Archon
Reaction score
Website
yrm.org
Faith
Unitarian Messianic
Jurisdiction
Someone was saying that I don't believe that Jesus was crucified on the cross, I do believe that. There is a lot of assumption going on about my beliefs.

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
Someone was saying that I don't believe that Jesus was crucified on the cross, I do believe that. There is a lot of assumption going on about my beliefs.
Do you believe Jesus is eternal God?

FULK NERA

Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OCA
This amounts to an ad hominem attack, which is not permitted on the public fora. You are receiving 100 points for 2 weeks. If you wish to appeal, please do so via PM. Thanks. --Ainnir
D

The devil does not promote the Word of God, but I do. It's a shame that you don't like it
You are a member of satan’s synagogue.

FULK NERA

Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OCA
The wording he uses is protestant most of the time. He probably believes that if he saves an Orthodox soul, he'll score brownie points with god.
I hope he isn't band. Maybe the pour soul will learn something.
At least I can spell and use decent grammar. This forum is turning out to be a big disappointment.

andrewlya

Archon
Reaction score
Website
yrm.org
Faith
Unitarian Messianic
Jurisdiction
Do you believe Jesus is eternal God?
Like I said, I won't discuss this. Click on the link above, it will give you an idea

FULK NERA

Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OCA
Do not say what you may regret later.
And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: These are the words of the first and the last, who was dead and came to life: I know your affliction and your poverty, even though you are rich. I know the slander on the part of those who say that they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.
— Revelation 2:8-9
And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write... "I know your works. Look, I have set before you an open door, which no one is able to shut. I know that you have but little power, and yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. I will make those of the synagogue of Satan who say that they are Jews and are not, but are lying—I will make them come and bow down before your feet, and they will learn that I have loved you."
— Revelation 3:7-9

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
Proverbs 26:4,5 KJV

4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

andrewlya

Archon
Reaction score
Website
yrm.org
Faith
Unitarian Messianic
Jurisdiction
I am not saying I'm a Jew, I'm saying that I believe in Jesus and Torah. Hope now this has been clarified to you.

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
We affirm that the true Name for the Messiah is Yahshua. Yahshua literally means, “Yahweh saves” or “Yahweh is salvation.” His Name is a contraction of YAHweh and hoSHUA. He literally came in His Father’s Name, John 5:43. Yahshua is the only name under Heaven that offers salvation to all those that would call upon it, Acts 4:12. He pre-existed before His earthly birth and was the spokesman for the Father in the Old Testament, Genesis 1:26; 19:24; Proverbs 8:25; Micah 5:2; John 1:1-3; 8:58; 13:3; 16:28-30; 1Corinthians 10:4; Colossians 1:15-17. We believe that He came in human form and was born of a virgin by Yahweh’s own power, Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; John 17:5; Philippians 2:5-7. Yahshua lived a completely sinless life, Isaiah 53:9; 1 Peter 2:22, and died upon the torture stake through which we have atonement for our sins, Isaiah 53; Hebrews 9. On the third day He rose from the tomb to be the mediator between mankind and Yahweh, Matthew 12:40; John 14:6; 1Corinthians 15:1-8; Hebrews 3:1; 4:14.

andrewlya

Archon
Reaction score
Website
yrm.org
Faith
Unitarian Messianic
Jurisdiction
Proverbs 26:4,5 KJV

4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.
Nice teachings from Tanakh

andrewlya

Archon
Reaction score
Website
yrm.org
Faith
Unitarian Messianic
Jurisdiction
We affirm that the true Name for the Messiah is Yahshua. Yahshua literally means, “Yahweh saves” or “Yahweh is salvation.” His Name is a contraction of YAHweh and hoSHUA. He literally came in His Father’s Name, John 5:43. Yahshua is the only name under Heaven that offers salvation to all those that would call upon it, Acts 4:12. He pre-existed before His earthly birth and was the spokesman for the Father in the Old Testament, Genesis 1:26; 19:24; Proverbs 8:25; Micah 5:2; John 1:1-3; 8:58; 13:3; 16:28-30; 1Corinthians 10:4; Colossians 1:15-17. We believe that He came in human form and was born of a virgin by Yahweh’s own power, Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; John 17:5; Philippians 2:5-7. Yahshua lived a completely sinless life, Isaiah 53:9; 1 Peter 2:22, and died upon the torture stake through which we have atonement for our sins, Isaiah 53; Hebrews 9. On the third day He rose from the tomb to be the mediator between mankind and Yahweh, Matthew 12:40; John 14:6; 1Corinthians 15:1-8; Hebrews 3:1; 4:14.
That's fine, but I believe Jesus was crucified on the cross. So we can say that we can agree on this one

Tzimis

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
EP
I am not saying I'm a Jew, I'm saying that I believe in Jesus and Torah. Hope now this has been clarified to you.
Believing in Jesus is one thing, believing he is God, is another.

andrewlya

Archon
Reaction score
Website
yrm.org
Faith
Unitarian Messianic
Jurisdiction
Believing in Jesus is one thing, believing he is God, is another.
I believe what John says :

'But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.'-John 20:31

andrewlya

Archon
Reaction score
Website
yrm.org
Faith
Unitarian Messianic
Jurisdiction
Isn't believing that Jesus died on a cross pretty important?

What did Thomas mean when he said to Jesus "My Lord and my God!" ?
You are starting again. Like I said won't discuss it now...if you really want to know you can PM me. I'll refrain from talking about the Trinity. Thanks

Do you think believing that Jesus was crucified on the cross or stake is a salvation issue? I don't personally think so. It's more important to believe that the Son of God had given his life for us so we have a chance for salvation.

Tzimis

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
EP
I believe what John says :

'But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.'-John 20:31
Trust me, Jesus is god. If he isn't, no one is saved.

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
You are starting again. Like I said won't discuss it now...if you really want to know you can PM me. I'll refrain from talking about the Trinity. Thanks

Do you think believing that Jesus was crucified on the cross or stake is a salvation issue? I don't personally think so. It's more important to believe that the Son of God had given his life for us so we have a chance for salvation.
It is a sure sign of false teaching to reject Christ's death as on the cross. It's a fact both in the scripture and Roman history that crucifixion is by a cross and not a stake. Anyone who teaches otherwise is a liar.

"The message of the Cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God"

"we preach Christ crucified "

FULK NERA

Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OCA
Yes the entire thrust of the New Testament is that you don’t need to follow the Torah like a Jew to be part of the Covenant in Christ’s blood. That’s all there is to it. All the fathers agree, going back to the very Torah-conscious Paul of Tarsus that the kosher laws were not meant for the rest of humanity, only to prepare the Hebrews (who could never keep them) from whom the Moshiach Y’shuah would be born of the line of David. After Him, the only One who could keep the law in all its aspects and essence and thus by dying under it despite being perfect, made salvation available to the rest of Humanity WITH NO FURTHER NEED OF THE LAW AND ITS CURSE. No one in Christ s supposed to keep kosher henceforth, as it is a vain substitute for grace, availing nothing. Your weird little sect strains put the gnat and swallows the camel.

andrewlya

Archon
Reaction score
Website
yrm.org
Faith
Unitarian Messianic
Jurisdiction
Yes the entire thrust of the New Testament is that you don’t need to follow the Torah like a Jew to be part of the Covenant in Christ’s blood. That’s all there is to it. All the fathers agree, going back to the very Torah-conscious Paul of Tarsus that the kosher laws were not meant for the rest of humanity, only to prepare the Hebrews (who could never keep them) from whom the Moshiach Y’shuah would be born of the line of David. After Him, the only One who could keep the law in all its aspects and essence and thus by dying under it despite being perfect, made salvation available to the rest of Humanity WITH NO FURTHER NEED OF THE LAW AND ITS CURSE. No one in Christ s supposed to keep kosher henceforth, as it is a vain substitute for grace, availing nothing. Your weird little sect strains put the gnat and swallows the camel.
Christ didn't die for you to then become a lawless one. If you really love God, you will follow his laws:

'In fact, this is love for God: to keep His commandments. And His commandments are NOT burdensome',-1 John 5:3

andrewlya

Archon
Reaction score
Website
yrm.org
Faith
Unitarian Messianic
Jurisdiction
Trust me, Jesus is god. If he isn't, no one is saved.
Trust you what you say over what the Bible says? You must be kidding me. I will trust the Bible as John says in John 20:31:'you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God,'

andrewlya

Archon
Reaction score
Website
yrm.org
Faith
Unitarian Messianic
Jurisdiction
It is a sure sign of false teaching to reject Christ's death as on the cross. It's a fact both in the scripture and Roman history that crucifixion is by a cross and not a stake. Anyone who teaches otherwise is a liar.

"The message of the Cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God"

"we preach Christ crucified "
The fact that some denominations don't believe that Jesus was crucified on the cross is a minor difference for me in the grand scheme of things. Bible also mentions Jesus being crucified on a tree? Like I've said before, believing how Jesus died is not as important as believing that he actually died for our sins and was risen again. So I can live with this difference, as long as they are obedient to Yahweh's laws, they are Unitarian and they love studying the Bible, I'm good with that and HalleluYAH.

Tzimis

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
EP
The fact that some denominations don't believe that Jesus was crucified on the cross is a minor difference for me in the grand scheme of things. Bible also mentions Jesus being crucified on a tree? Like I've said before, believing how Jesus died is not as important as believing that he actually died for our sins and was risen again. So I can live with this difference, as long as they are obedient to Yahweh's laws, they are Unitarian and they love studying the Bible, I'm good with that and HalleluYAH.
We're not Unitarian though and while you may or may not be a good person is irrelevant. We aren't in communion with Arians.
Here is what st. Constantine declared after the council of Nicaea

In addition, if any writing composed by Arius should be found, it should be handed over to the flames, so that not only will the wickedness of his teaching be obliterated, but nothing will be left even to remind anyone of him. And I hereby make a public order, that if someone should be discovered to have hidden a writing composed by Arius, and not to have immediately brought it forward and destroyed it by fire, his penalty shall be death. As soon as he is discovered in this offence, he shall be submitted for capital punishment. ...

— Edict by Emperor Constantine against the Arians

andrewlya

Archon
Reaction score
Website
yrm.org
Faith
Unitarian Messianic
Jurisdiction
There used to be a saying that if any person could keep the Jewish law for two whole weeks, the Messiah would come.

In our view, Jesus has already done this for us. (We believe he was crucified at about age 33.)
Jesus was crucified so that you could become lawless? This is the one who rejects the laws of God.

andrewlya

Archon
Reaction score
Website
yrm.org
Faith
Unitarian Messianic
Jurisdiction
We're not Unitarian though and while you may or may not be a good person is irrelevant. We aren't in communion with Arians.
Here is what st. Constantine declared after the council of Nicaea
Didn't Emperor Constantine convert to Arianism on his death bed?

andrewlya

Archon
Reaction score
Website
yrm.org
Faith
Unitarian Messianic
Jurisdiction
You are without grace and call us lawless? Who died and made you god? Buzz off, beelzebub!
Lawless is the one who rejects God's laws.Do you reject God's laws? I think it's a fairly simple concept to understand

Tzimis

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
EP
Didn't Emperor Constantine convert to Arianism on his death bed?
Eusebius of Nicomedia who baptized Constantine, was one of the bishops that signed the decreed at the council against Arius.
He started as an Arian earlier in his career but later changed his affiliation.

andrewlya

Archon
Reaction score
Website
yrm.org
Faith
Unitarian Messianic
Jurisdiction
Eusebius of Nicomedia who baptized Constantine, was one of the bishops that signed the decreed at the council against Arius.
He started as an Arian earlier in his career but later changed his affiliation.
Everywhere I read Eusebius was always an Arian.