• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Women’s Headcoverings

Velsigne

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
In the British news, along with reports of 148 Christians killed by al Shabab and the Roman Catholic Pope decrying the killing of Christians, here in America, Christian women take on wearing the hijab for 40 days of Lent, #40daysofHijab.

"...When I went to pick up my son from pre-school, he ran away from me."

The pastor: "...we're not super formal as a church, we're pretty chill, so Jesse has our full support...."

A muslim woman is asked in turn if she would forego wearing hijab in a show of solidarity with Christians, and the answer is an emphatic "no". 

Jesse comments that now she realizes what a commitment it is to wear a headcovering.  She misses her hair. 

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-32141924

The news right after is #MuslimsforLent in an Eid, Love, Pray campaign to show solidarity with Christians.  So they give up whatever they feel like for 40 days of Lent.

Interesting the common factor is 'whatever we feel like doing'. 

It actually draws a lot of attention to oneself (note that an entire news article is on BBC) which seems the antithesis of humility. 

Headcovering is a very strange topic.

JessicaH

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
I do and several other ladies but it's normally non-Greek natives wearing the head coverings.  I went to another Greek Church and not a single person was wearing one other than myself.