Women lie about their sex lives

prodromos

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
He will match you up with a sinner though.

Truly, I hope that God will bless your virginity by providing you with a wife who has also maintained her own, I truly do.

However, what if she happens to be someone who has never [insert your sin of choice] and does not wish to marry someone who has. You may be a virgin, but you have sinned in many other ways. Does God see your sin differently from sexual sin? Why do you?

You and I are both miserable sinners. My wife is a miserable sinner and your wife, when you find her, will also be a miserable sinner. Your role as her husband is to help her to attain salvation through your humility, love, support, prayer and at times rebuke. Her role will be to do the same for you, and together you will do the same for your children.

We are sinners, but we are also a people who have been set free from slavery to sin by the death and resurrection of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. If a person has commited adultry, but later repented and confessed their sin, or similiarly later became an orthodox christian and had that sin washed away through their regeneration at baptism, God no longer sees that person as an adulterer. As far as God is concerned that person is now as white as snow. Should we see them any differently?

unworthy John.

ania

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Sinjin,
I'm curious to see what you'll be like in 10 years. Hopefully in that time, you will grow to understand that all people are sinners. Are you saying it's better to marry a thief (or God forbid a murderer), than to marry a non-virgin? Would you judge a repentant thief harshly, when Christ, during his crucifixion did not? If we ever met, would you hold the fact that, long ago, in my troubled youth, I used to take advantage of the 5 figure discount quite a lot, against me,? though it was almost 10 years ago? Would you disregard this fact as childish stupidity, or would you hide your Rolex & family silver if I came to dinner? At the same time I was getting good at shoplifting, most of the other kids in my class were busy loosing their virginity. Since then, many of my friends have regretted loosing it, as I regret stealing. We were 13 at the time. I was stealing as a backlash against authority, knowing full well what I was doing was wrong. They had sex because for the most part no-one taught them any better. If anyone here has sat in a high school health class in the recent past, what they will hear might shock them. They teach how to put a condom on, they advise you to go to the nurse or Planned Parenthood for birth control, etc, etc. Only at the end do they say, well, the best way to avoid an STD is by abstinence.
So if you met someone, who, in the folly of youth, had sex, because of peer pressure, or not knowing any better, but has since repented, become Orthodox, and lived a good spiritual life since, would you still call them a whore? If so, then by all rights you should call me a thief.
Out of curiosity Sinjin, if there were 3 people left on Earth, (oh yeah, & a priest, so I guess that would be 4); you (an all-pure example of Orthodox masculinity), me (a Orthodox virgin who in my youth had sticky fingers), and a repentant non-virgin who is a heck of a lot more pious than I am, who would you chose to marry & continue on the human race with? Actually, never mind, I think me & the non-virgin would just choose to die spinsters, because to live with someone as judgmental as you for the rest of our lives would be a fate worse than a lonely death.
Apparently Sinjin, you're the only one among us who can live in a glass house.
Anyway, tangent done, time for me to get some work done.
Ania
P.S. You still haven't answered if you would marry someone who was raped or molested, and so has not sinned but is also still physically not a virgin.

sinjinsmythe

High Elder
Reaction score
Ania,
To answer your question I would marry someone who is raped/molested/assaulted because they did not make the choice. They were forced into committing acts they did not want to do. I would not marry anyone who has a criminal past. I am looking for someone who is like me. As for your other question, I would choose to die alone. If God have given a choice between being born or not, I would choose not to be born. I can't forgive myself, so how do you expect me to forgive others?

sinjinsmythe

High Elder
Reaction score
prodromos said:
He will match you up with a sinner though.
Of course, he will. ::)

However, what if she happens to be someone who has never [insert your sin of choice] and does not wish to marry someone who has.
That is her choice to do so.

You may be a virgin, but you have sinned in many other ways. Does God see your sin differently from sexual sin? Why do you?
The old we are all sinners clause. Okay, so are you saying that all sins are the same. That lying is as bad as killing someone?
You and I are both miserable sinners.
Boy...isn't that the truth.

We are sinners, but we are also a people who have been set free from slavery to sin by the death and resurrection of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. If a person has commited adultry, but later repented and confessed their sin, or similiarly later became an orthodox christian and had that sin washed away through their regeneration at baptism, God no longer sees that person as an adulterer. As far as God is concerned that person is now as white as snow. Should we see them any differently?
I am sorry but society doesn't. I mean we don't let rapists/child molesters of the hook because they have sincerely repented. Everything talks this great game about forgiveness, yet how much of society truly forgives repented offenses?

G

GOD

I never thought the day would come where I'd have to delete the "word" of "God", but here goes.

Watch it, God.

ania

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Wow Sinjin, you've set yourself up for a very lonely life. If people didn't know how to forgive themselves... just the very thought is depressing & scary. If you can love, then you can forgive. You remember, "Love thy neighbor as you love thyself." Apparently God wants you to love yourself at least to some degree, even if it's simply because you yourself are part of God's creation, which means you are supposed to forgive yourself.
So many of the world's problems these day's stem from peoples inability to forgive. Look at the Middle East, for gosh sakes. But that's a whole 'nother topic for a whole 'nother day. So to quote a Southern Baptist I saw on TV a while back... "Let Love into your Life, Halellujah!"
But to end this miandering thought, God forgives because He loves.
You & I should get together, it'd be more interesting to chat face to face. Perhaps then I can persuade you that not all is black & white, good & bad, saved or destined for H-E-Double Hockey Sticks.
Ania

plutonas

Reaction score
I know I said I'd stop replying to this thread, and maybe I should, but I'm feeling particularly pissed off right now so whatever...

sinjinsmythe said:
I don't think that God will tell me tomorrow to go out and marry a whore.
You know what? I seriously believe something like that is gonna happen to me one day. When I look at what's happened to me so far I can't help but think that God has something like that in store for me in the "grand scheme of things", like God is planning exactly that future for me. And only because He knows I don't want to marry a whore. No other reason. Just to make me even more miserable.

Like He'll either make me fall in love with some slut who's graphic reference or He'll set me up with a "virgin" who AFTER I marry will only then confess to me that she's graphic reference. Now that would just be the "icing" to the "cake" which is my life.

I just KNOW this is going to happen. And on realizing it, I can't but help laugh maniacally.......... let's all point at me and laugh together. Cuz God's laughing too.

Anastasios

Merarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.anastasioshudson.com
Instead of attacking members with whom we do not agree, let's try to just pray for each other. I realize we are all feeling a little angry and shocked at some of the things being said but reality is that not everyone is well formed and catechized in this generation so a lot of alternative ideas are floating around. Let's focus on reading the scriptures, writings of the fathers, going to liturgy, and putting what we've learned to good use via fasting, prayer, and almsgiving.

anastasios

plutonas

Reaction score
I thought this forum wasn't moderated. Considering that I said nothing more graphic than I did previously in this thread this is a real let down on the part of the easily-intimidated and oversensitive administration. What can I expect from ultra-religious zealots, though?

This forum is a JOKE.

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Ultra-religious zealots? They let me and Keble and Boswell stay... we're not EO even.

Ideas can be gotten across without resorting to crudity, maybe?

Plutonas, Why are you so angry? What has hurt you?

Ebor

edited for lapsed grammar and spelling

plutonas

Reaction score
Ebor said:
we're not EO even.
Perhaps that's a blessing.

Ideas can be gotten across without resorting to crudity, maybe?
Of course. But...

My post which was censored on a supposedly "unmoderated" forum, though containing content of a crude nature, was put in the most eloquent terms possible so as to not be graphic. Furthermore, I expressed my total indignation towards the sexually deviant acts that were described.

I also felt, and still do, that the censored areas of my post where absolutely essential to stress the point I was making. They were no more and no less graphic than any other thing I said within this thread anyway. But now that they have been edited my post is unintelligable.

I have a hard time understanding how anyone of a right mind could have been offended by what I wrote? There is no logical explanation. But then again zealotry is known to produce irrationality.

Plutonas, Why are you so angry? What has hurt you?
I am angry primarily because of the pervading mentality of idealistic buffoonery that I have witnessed here firsthand, secondly because I am consistently attacked and insulted for personal opinions that in no way conflict with the teachings of Orthodoxy, and finally because the administration can not keep to its own rules. But I am in no way "hurt."

ania

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
If you weren't hurt or angry, you wouldn't be sending me disgustingly graphic pms. Were you being crude & inappropriate to prove a point, or do you really want me to burn in hell?
Heaven help ya.
Ania

Bobby

Archon
Reaction score
I have read the offending PM, and frankly I am disguisted. I have done my best to keep away from board politics, but I cannot let this go without action. I have removed PM rights from Plutonas's account, and he is now placed on post moderation. This means that any post made by him will need to be approved by a mod/admin for it to appear.

If anyone has any protests to my action, please let me know.

Bobby

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
plutonas

Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death." - James 1:13-15

Say not: "It was God's doing that I fell away"; for what he hates he does not do. Say not: "It was he who set me astray"; for he has no need of wicked man. Abominable wickedness the LORD hates, he does not let it befall those who fear him. When God, in the beginning, created man, he made him subject to his own free choice. If you choose you can keep the commandments; it is loyalty to do his will. There are set before you fire and water; to whichever you choose, stretch forth your hand. Before man are life and death, whichever he chooses shall be given him. Immense is the wisdom of the LORD; he is mighty in power, and all-seeing. The eyes of God see all he has made; he understands man's every deed. No man does he command to sin, to none does he give strength for lies. - Sir. 15:11-20