Yet Another Gay Marriage Thread

Homosexuality comes up frequenbtly on Orthodox forums because..

• Some folks who need Prozac aren't on it yet.

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • Since drunkeness, adultery, theft and dishonesty have been eradicated it's the only sin left to figh

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • Apparently most Orthodox Christians have lots of gay family, friends and associates

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Orthodox forums attract a lot of self torturing closet cases and men with doubts about thier own mas

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • Some folks who need Prozac aren't on it yet.

Votes: 15 20.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolEX01

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.goarch.org
With my recent vote (29 out of 56), more than half the voters feel that:

Homosexuality comes up frequenbtly on Orthodox forums because some folks who need Prozac aren't on it yet.

Therefore, I propose that this thread be locked because the majority has spoken.  ;D  ;)

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
SolEX01 said:
With my recent vote (29 out of 56), more than half the voters feel that:

Homosexuality comes up frequenbtly on Orthodox forums because some folks who need Prozac aren't on it yet.

Therefore, I propose that this thread be locked because the majority has spoken.   ;D  ;)
Do note also that, before today, this thread hadn't received a post in six months.

Besides, 31.6% of the vote is far short of a true majority.  A plurality of the voters in this poll voted that some folks who need Prozac aren't on it yet, but a supermajority voted otherwise.  So THERE!  :p Thbbbbpft!

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
SolEX01 said:
With 30 votes out of 57 total cast - the plurality and the supermajority continue to agree and increase.   ;D
Hate to break it to you, bub, but 52.6% does not make a supermajority; that percentage needs to increase by 14.1 percentage points. ;)  And don't you dare vote again to try to raise that percentage! :police:

SolEX01

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.goarch.org
PeterTheAleut said:
Hate to break it to you, bub, but 52.6% does not make a supermajority; that percentage needs to increase by 14.1 percentage points. ;)  And don't you dare vote again to try to raise that percentage! :police:
Supermajorities are usually 60%; Hence, 7.4 percentage points are needed and I don't intend to vote more than once.  :angel:

However, we are no longer talking about the OP; We're throwing numbers at each other.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I'm already on Zoloft and Abilify, so do I have to get on Prozac as well, or are my present meds acceptable?  ;D

ialmisry

Strategos
Reaction score
Crucifer said:
OOpps...i just noticed the Prozac thing is on there twice!
Yes, the poll is rigged.  A common practice of some on a certain side of an issue.

greekischristian

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Crucifer said:
OOpps...i just noticed the Prozac thing is on there twice!
Therefore, I move that that option be disqualified and we declare 'Orthodox forums attract a lot of self torturing closet cases and men with doubts about thier own masculinity' the winner as claiming a clear majority of the remaining votes. ;)

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
greekischristian said:
Therefore, I move that that option be disqualified and we declare 'Orthodox forums attract a lot of self torturing closet cases and men with doubts about thier own masculinity' the winner as claiming a clear majority of the remaining votes. ;)
You have no standing to make such a motion; appeal denied. ;)

Theoprovlitos

Reaction score
THE SAME WHO HOSTED FREEMASON-ORTHODOX APPROACH FORUM

Read below the moral and dogmatic corruption of the New Age Orthodox Church of Finland who participates as organizer in Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender "Christian" Forum.

http://www.yhteys.org/ef2009b.html

EUROPEAN FORUM OF LESBIAN & GAY CHRISTIAN GROUPS 2009

”Courage to follow the Law of Love” (Maybe they don't know the Biblical word 'lust')

MAY 20-24, 2009 IN FINLAND
PROGRAMME

Wednesday May 20
• 14.00- Registration and information
• 16.00-17.00 Dinner (included in participation fee)
• 17.00-21.00 Pre-Conference for Women, Pre-Conference for Men
• 21.00- Orthodox vesper, supper, saunas

Thursday May 21
• 08.00-08.30 Morning meditation
• 08.30-09.30 Breakfast
• 09.30-13.00 Pre-Conferences continue (Coffee break 11.00)
• 13.00-14.00 Lunch
• 14.00- Opening Ceremony

• Song of the Forum: Petri Laaksonen
• Director of the Aducation Center of the Church: Hannu Harri
• Welcoming words of Finnish organizers: Liisa Tuovinen
• Representant of the Lutheran Church: Bishop Mikko Heikka
• Organizers of the European Forum 2009: Enric Vilΰ

• Orthodox bishop Ambrosius

• Shaking hands with each other, Map of Europe
• 15.00-15.45 Coffee and Meeting with the church representatives and European Forum: Liisa Tuovinen.
• 15.45-16.30 “Courage to follow the law of love”: Lecture/ Speak.
• 17.00-18.30 Workshops (Further information of all workshops)
• 1) Future strategy for European Forum: European Forum board.
• 2) LGBT situation in the first Christian country in the world: Karen Badalyn.
• 3) “Transition in a church context: theology, community and roles of sex and gender in Christian life”: Eeva Jarvinen.
• 4) Sexual orientation, identification and means of power use and violence in church communities: Liisa Tuovinen.
• 5) “My story" - Story of my life: Inari Hytonen, MD (Max 10 participants and same persons present in every workshop meeting).

• 6) Together we give a voice to our praise of Creation. Practicing the akatist to the Praise to God for all creation, a service which is easy to learn. All who want to sing welcome. Orthodox cantor and music teacher Tuomas Sidoroff.
• 7) Lutheran Concerned / North America (LC/NA) programs and resources: Matrin Scheel & Philip Moeller.

• 18.30-19.30 Dinner
• 20.00–21.00 Evening programme “Dancing Conference” in the Hall

• 21.00- Orthodox vesper, supper, saunas

Friday May 22
• 07.30-08.00 Morning meditation
• 08.00-09.00 Breakfast
• 09.00- to Helsinki
• 10.00-13.00 Open seminar in the University of Helsinki

• PhD, Kerstin Soderblom, Goethe University Frankfurt: The European Churches and their sexual minority
• ThD, Bishop Wille Riekkinen: How to define theological stand on homosexuality

General secterary, Father Heikki Huttunen, Ecumenical Counsel of Finland, Orthodox church of Finland: Human sexuality in the Orthodox theology

• ThD, Assistant professor Vesa Hirvonen: Does homosexuality challenge the doctrine of the church?
• 13.00 Travel back to Jarvenpaa
• 14.00-15.00 Lunch
• 15.30-17.00 Workshops

• 1) Catholic church book project: Andrea E. Kruger.
• 2) HIV and sexually transmitted infections - safer sex and HIV-prevention: Lennie Lindberg.
• 3) LGBT situation in the first Christian country in the world: Karen Badalyn.
• 4) “Transition in a church context: theology, community and roles of sex and gender in Christian life”: Eeva Jarvinen.
• 5) Sexual orientation, identification and means of power use and violence in church communities: Liisa Tuovinen.
• 6) “My story" - Story of my life: Inari Hytonen, MD (Max 10 participants and same persons present in every workshop meeting)
• 7) Our response to persecution - growing towards spiritual strength. Johan Slδtis.
• 8) “Rowing spirit”. A journey to Lake Tuusula with texts from the Bible: Jaakko Hyttinen & Tuula Putkonen.
• 9) Visit to Ainola – home of composer Jean Sibelius: volunteers.
• 10) Planning group for the Closing service: Monika Pensar-Granroth.
• 11) Lutheran Concerned / North America (LC/NA) programs and resources: Matrin Scheel & Philip Moeller.
• 17.00-18.30 Floor ball in the Sports hall
• 18.30-19.30 Dinner
• 20.00–22.00 Evening programme

• 22.00-23.00 Orthodox vesper, supper, saunas

Saturday May 23
• 08.00-08.30 Morning meditation
• 08.30-09.00 Breakfast
• 09.00-13.00 Annual meeting of European Forum
• 09.00-13.00 Workshops

• 1) “Transition in a church context: theology, community and roles of sex and gender in Christian life”: Eeva Jarvinen.
• 2) Sexual orientation, identification and means of power use and violence in church communities: Liisa Tuovinen.

• 3) Can male priest love and live with a man? Discussion with an introduction by an orthodox priest working in southern Finland. (09.00-10.45).

• 4) From invisibility to visibility. Spiritual and communal ways to establish a rainbow identity in an orthodox context. Introduction to the theme by orthodox rainbow fellowshop members. (11.30-12.45).

• 5) “Rowing spirit”. A journey to Lake Tuusula with texts from the Bible: Jaakko Hyttinen & Tuula Putkonen.
• 6) Visit to Ainola – home of composer Jean Sibelius: volunteers.
• 7) Planning for Sunday service: Monika Pensar-Granroth.

A link about a Finnish Lutheran priest who has gone under sex-change and remained a parish... priestess. The Orthodox priests and General Seretary of the Finnish Ecumenical counsel and the priests of the parish of Helsinki support the ordination of transexuals and are in communion with the gay homosexual cult.

http://pastorbastard.blogspot.com/2008/11/vicar-changes-sex-and-jobs.html

http://www.kotimaa.fi/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6878&Itemid=38

Theoprovlitos

Reaction score
Here's another link for those interested

http://theoprovlitos.blogspot.com/2009/05/romanian-elders-on-ecumenism.html

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
Theoprovlitos said:
• Organizers of the European Forum 2009: Enric Vilΰ

• Orthodox bishop Ambrosius
1. In the original text there is not a single word about Met. Ambrosius. Someone had forged it. The owner of the blog I suppose. Wasn't you the one who "had modified" the announcement? You've got the same nicks.
2. You cannot forbid anyone from participating in Vespers or in Akathyst. They won't take Holy Sacraments.
3. You cannot forbid anyone from attending a discussion. I'd bet that the answer of an Orthodox Priest on that topic is No, he cannot!
4. What in common with EO Church has a Lutheran sex-changed Priest?
Please, do not delete links with sources anymore. You deleted one which hadn't had Met. Ambrosios name listed and put the link to the blog which had it. Luckily I know how to use web history feature in my MF2.

CCTE

Reaction score
Can't be true. Give us some sources, independent publications, credible sources.
IT is bad. It is so BAD. This are make me say the word with A. !

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
Theoprovlitos said:
A link about a Finnish Lutheran priest who has gone under sex-change and remained a parish... priestess. The Orthodox priests and General Seretary of the Finnish Ecumenical counsel and the priests of the parish of Helsinki support the ordination of transexuals and are in communion with the gay homosexual cult.
Thank you! Tomorrow I'm taking an oral English exam and I started getting nervous. After reading this I couldn't stop laughing for 5 minutes and all the stress has gone :)

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
AISI, NO PROOF WHATSOEVER has been provided--sorry, Theoprovlitos, citing your own blog doesn't count as proof--that this conference has the blessing of a canonical hierarch of the Finnish Orthodox Church.  For all I know, there may be a vagante sect in Finland helping sponsor this event.  Though this hypothetical group may call themselves Orthodox, they're no more Orthodox than the Dalai Lama.  So, can you give us evidence to prove that a bishop of the canonical Finnish Orthodox Church has helped organize this LBGT event?

Status
Not open for further replies.