New profile posts

Chai, I love you, but we really need to talk about you keeping me up all night. I'm not as young as I used to be.
Ainnir
Ainnir
Mine needs to be about 9 a.m. ☺ I used to drink regular coffee all day every day (like... 60 oz. or more). After cutting it out completely last year, I'm really sensitive to it. But sometimes I get to the coffee shop late in the afternoon, and it's hard to resist the chai. 🥰
rakovsky
rakovsky
Make it at home and save $50 and get more variety in the spice mix. Not to boast, but I use over 20 spices that I found in authentic Indian Chai descriptions online.
Ainnir
Ainnir
That defeats the coffee shop experience, though. :giggle: But I’ll take it under advisement.
I just found the @WholesomeMeme account on Twitter and it has, with a single 'follow,' made my twitter experience 45% more enjoyable

hecma925
hecma925
I dig it, even though I don't use Twitter anymore.
A
Alpo2
I didn't know positive memes were a thing. This is perfect.
I just realized I was responding to Simkin in Other Topics. I was being serious, which I guess is against the rules.
Hello Kurillos,

Was interested in the list you compiled concerning different Oriental Orthodox books available on Amazon? Could you send the list or the link? Thanks and God Bless.
hecma925
hecma925
Jesus is mad at Jesus because he forgot His wallet and She had to pay for lunch.
LizaSymonenko
LizaSymonenko
It is showing us that we ought not be angry with anyone... because God is within them... and we should treat everyone with respect, patience, and humility.
My boss is a Jewish Theanthropos

Happy Ecclesiastical New Year!!!
LizaSymonenko
LizaSymonenko
According to Holy Tradition, Christ entered the synagogue on September 14 (Sept 1) to announce His mission to mankind (Luke 4:16-22). Quoting Isaiah 61:1-2, the Savior proclaimed, “The spirit of the Lord is upon me; ...”

Tradition also teaches us that the Hebrews entered the Promised Land in September.

St. Sophia Ukrainian Orthodox Theological Seminary. During the outdoor Liturgy Eucharistic prayer... a rainbow was clearly visible over the proceedings.
Going to confession right now feels so weird, like you're so sinful the priest won't even come near you until it's time for absolution
Yes, I did learn a bit of Tok Pisin, though I've never been to PNG. Here's a link to a little textbook I put together for students when I was teaching a course in English-based pidgins and creoles:
https://archive.org/details/WholeBook/mode/2up
Reactions: RaphaCam
RaphaCam
RaphaCam
Cool, thank you! What other creoles have you studied?
FinnJames
FinnJames
Like any linguist (in the sense of academic who studies how languages work) I've looked at many creoles -- Papiamento from Curacao, the French creole of Mauritius, Jamaican, Sanan English creole from Surinam. But Tok Pisin is the only one I actually learned how to speak well enough to hold a conversation in.
RaphaCam
RaphaCam
That's very cool. I presume that's because creoles give us an insight on how languages are born? What are your thoughts on Derek Bickerton? I was recently reading him.