• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

New profile posts

Myy
Myy
Bizzlebin: Saint Gabriel was born on the 26th of August 1929, in Tibilsi, Georgia.
B
Bizzlebin
Ah, different Gabriel.
Reactions: Myy
Myy
Myy
What's written on that page is from a book, you can search it if you want, the site says about it: "Saint Gabriel the Ivirean, the madman for Christ, Jean-Claude Larchet, Sophia Publishing, 2016". Maybe in english it's called in a different way or it's owned by another publishing house.
You reacted at my comment with ๐Ÿ˜‚, we'll see if at the End you'll laugh the same. Everyone here pretends to be an Orthodox Christian, but no-one knows the Truth, That can be found in the Scriptures and in the writings of Holy Fathers. What's so funny, St. Paisios prophecy? Do you realize you are not laughing about me, but about a Saint and about Christ Himself and about His words?
W
Wyatt
Private revelations are another thing, but no one Saint or Father should be looked at as the sole source of the Deposit of Faith. If Christ knew that getting the covid vaccine could jeopardize or even kill Grace within us and exclude us from Salvation, don't you think He would have told us plainly at the time of the Gospels?
W
Wyatt
Again, you can take what I say with a grain of salt. I am Catholic not EO, but I still like to know how you would say the Orthodox approach to the question of how revelation works, and if it is different than what I have described above.
Myy
Myy
You can believe what i've told you, or you can't, it's your choice. Christ isn't forcing you, i can't force you either, and i don't want to do such a thing. I wish you Merry Christmass and may God lighten you and bless you.
Hey, you guys aren't following me! Except for @Asteriktos . You're cool.
Asteriktos
Asteriktos
seems like some new things caught on (the like button) and some didn't
RaphaCam
RaphaCam
I absolutely love the reactions! Always missed a like button in the old version.
You can really only know two rites well and only live in one. You and I share a rite and the first seven great church councils.
I got my covid booster today. The illuminati have not tried to claim me yet, but if I disappear then you know what happened.
  • Haha
Reactions: Wyatt and Bizzlebin
Myy
Myy
You were marked with the name of the beast, as Revelation 13:18 and Agios Paisios says: "Listen, there's going to be a desease, for which they'll make a v@cine, but in order to give it to someone, they will mark him"
  • Haha
Reactions: Wyatt
Myy
Myy
Are you an Orthodox Christian, or WERE you one before you got the jab? How could you sell your soul? How is it possible that let's say you are an Orthodox Christian but you do something against God's word? Do you love God?
Sorry if i upset you
  • Haha
Asteriktos
Asteriktos
I had to do it, otherwise I wasn't eligible for a Masonic Ruler ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ
Here's an Orthodox website that gives answers to hundreds of Biblical questions. You can translate this site in any language, by using google translate: https://mantuireaorg.blogspot.com/?m=1
Myy
Myy
I don't belong to any sect, but escumenists do.
Here you go:
"There's only One Lord, one Faith, and one Baptism" (Eph. 4:5), and that Faith is Orthodoxy, not ecumenism.
Myy
Myy
The ROCOR Anathema:
"Those who attack the Church of Christ by teaching that Christ's Church is divided into so-called "branches" which differ in doctrine and way of life, or that the Church does not exist visibly, but will be formed in the future when all "branches" or sects or denominations, and even religions will be united into one body; and who do not distinguish the priesthood and mysteries
Myy
Myy
of the Church from those of the heretics, but say that the baptism and eucharist of heretics is effectual for salvation; therefore, to those who knowingly have communion with these aforementioned heretics or who advocate, disseminate, or defend their new heresy of Ecumenism under the pretext of brotherly love or the supposed unification of separated Christians, Anathema!"
I just reread your post, thank you for bringing that to my attention ```

your brother in Christ ```
Hello everyone!
Nice to meet you all! I am Romanian Orthodox and very interested in theology, my growth in faith starting since I was a small acolyte. I have been blessed to visit both Athos and Jerusalem, which have helped me grow in my faith. Beside theology, I also like airplanes and bellringing! If anyone knows how to ring Russian bells, I am vey interested on the topic.
Your friend in Christ
Pilgrim of Athos+
As I mentioned in the prayer forum thread, my father-in-law (which I use only for distinction here - he never treated me as less than a son) has entered his eternal reward. As his illness sidetracked him from his very active ministry, he began to make videos about subjects close to him as his illness progressed (and his death approached): https://soulfoodforlife.com/
Britney Spears seems a modern-day Judy Garland or Mickey Rooney, someone that showbiz abused/overworked from a young age so she's crazy.
Arachne
Arachne
Swap 'she's crazy' for 'she must be punished for wanting out of the system', and you got something.
I just started to read 'The Witchwood Crown,' by Tad Williams, again. Pretty good so far. Language is a tiny bit purple, but I'm willing to keep trying.
I really need to stop ordering all these books that I see in footnotes, mostly out of fear that they'll be unavailable if I wait to buy them later. On the other hand, experience says that fear is justified ๐Ÿ˜ถ
แƒ—แƒฃ แƒ›แƒ” แƒจแƒ”แƒ›แƒ”แƒซแƒšแƒ แƒฅแƒแƒ แƒ—แƒฃแƒšแƒแƒ“ แƒกแƒแƒฃแƒ‘แƒแƒ แƒ˜, แƒ•แƒ˜แƒ“แƒ แƒ” แƒ˜แƒœแƒขแƒ”แƒ แƒœแƒ”แƒขแƒ˜แƒก แƒ—แƒแƒ แƒฏแƒ˜แƒ›แƒœแƒ˜แƒก แƒ’แƒแƒ›แƒแƒงแƒ”แƒœแƒ”แƒ‘แƒ, แƒ”แƒก แƒ˜แƒก แƒ˜แƒฅแƒœแƒ”แƒ‘แƒ, แƒ แƒแƒกแƒแƒช แƒ›แƒ” แƒ•แƒ˜แƒขแƒงแƒแƒ“แƒ˜: แƒ›แƒแƒฎแƒแƒ แƒฃแƒšแƒ˜ แƒ•แƒแƒ , แƒ แƒแƒ› แƒแƒ› แƒ”แƒœแƒ˜แƒก แƒ“แƒแƒฌแƒ”แƒ แƒ แƒจแƒ”แƒ›แƒ˜แƒซแƒšแƒ˜แƒ, แƒ•แƒ˜แƒ“แƒ แƒ” แƒแƒœแƒšแƒแƒ˜แƒœ แƒ—แƒแƒ แƒฏแƒ˜แƒ›แƒœแƒ˜แƒก แƒกแƒแƒญแƒ˜แƒ แƒแƒ”แƒ‘แƒ!
hecma925
hecma925
แƒ›แƒแƒฎแƒแƒ แƒฃแƒšแƒ˜ แƒ•แƒแƒ , แƒ แƒแƒ› แƒแƒ แƒช แƒแƒœแƒšแƒแƒ˜แƒœ แƒ—แƒแƒ แƒฏแƒ˜แƒ›แƒแƒœแƒ˜ แƒ›แƒญแƒ˜แƒ แƒ“แƒ”แƒ‘แƒ. แƒซแƒแƒšแƒ˜แƒแƒœ แƒ›แƒแƒ แƒขแƒ˜แƒ•แƒ˜แƒ แƒ›แƒฎแƒแƒšแƒแƒ“ แƒ˜แƒ›แƒ˜แƒก แƒ’แƒแƒ›แƒแƒงแƒ”แƒœแƒ”แƒ‘แƒ, แƒ แƒแƒช แƒ›แƒ” แƒ•แƒ˜แƒชแƒ˜. แƒ—แƒฃ แƒ แƒแƒ›แƒ” แƒ•แƒ˜แƒชแƒ˜, แƒ”แƒก แƒ”แƒก แƒ”แƒœแƒแƒ แƒแƒฅ แƒ“แƒ แƒ›แƒ˜แƒกแƒ˜ แƒซแƒแƒšแƒ˜แƒแƒœ แƒ›แƒแƒ แƒขแƒ˜แƒ•แƒ˜ แƒ“แƒแƒ›แƒฌแƒ”แƒ แƒšแƒแƒ‘แƒ.
Hello! :) I saw you made an update/post about codex Alexandrinus and its potential usefulness for a translation from the Book of Psalms, did anything come of that?
RaphaCam
RaphaCam
Unfortunately I stopped my project. I wish to get back to it anytime, but this could take either months or years... It's to Portuguese, though, and I actually used many sources, the Codex Alexandrinus being just one.
M
Michael Potamopotos
Thanks for your comment. Would it be OK if I emailed you? I just handed in my master's thesis in theology on the Septuagint, and I'd love to ask you some questions regarding Codex Alexandrinus and the published versions of that document, I saw you wrote a bit about that/asked some questions and I'd be curious to see if you found any answers or good sources? :)
RaphaCam
RaphaCam
Sure, go on!
Reactions: Dominika and Stinky
hecma925
hecma925
There is a star of David on the door.
LizaSymonenko
LizaSymonenko
The Lord knocks on all doors.
hecma925
hecma925
True. It's an odd and deliberate choice of the artist to make considering most derivatives of Warner Sallman's Christ at Heart's Door (itself derived from William Holman Hunt's The Light of the World) don't have a doorknob or opener and if they do, they're rather plain; the message being the door is opened from the inside. Adding a hexagram is just weird.
I misattributed the term "ethnocultural triumphalism" in a locked thread to bwallace23350, the thread's creator. Credit goes to Saxon. Thank you!
I believe scripture and the creed. Plus I believe in bishops and that Communion is the true body and blood of Christ, so I'm not a Protestant. That's good enough.
"If Tarantino had written a book in the Bible, it would have been the Book of Judges."
  • Haha
Reactions: Fr. George
Asteriktos
Asteriktos
ima watch one of his movies one of these days ๐Ÿ˜‡
Ainnir
Ainnir
Truth. Have seen 5, and parts of 2 others. Iโ€™m not sure I could handle them now, though.